Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee


Tasting:  St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Name: St. Kilda

Variety: blend 80% Chardonnay and 20 % Pinot Noir

Region:  Southeastern Australia

Country: Australia

Year: 2020

Price: $10

Winery Review: Classic blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20 % Pinot Noir. Very pale straw appearance with aromas of fresh cut lemon and subtle green apple surrounded by rising dough. A generous mousse reveals quite tight and complex palate of fresh buttered toast and a citrus freshness. Charmat method. ( Vintage Cellar)

Wine Folly: Pg. 150 pinot noir is the world’s most popular light bodied red is loved for its red fruit and spice flavors that are accentuated by a long, smooth, soft tannin finish. Pg 96 One of the world's most popular grapes, Chardonnay is made in a wide range of styles from sparkling Blanc de Blancs to rich, creamy white wines ages in oak. 

My review: This wine hit different after a long day at work. I enjoyed a lot of things about Brut. The aromas were really on point. I love the aromas of green apple and that all I could smell from this wine. I couldn’t really smell the lemon aroma, but I could taste it. I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t really taste any of the pinot noir. I think the flavor and the aromas of the chardonnay overpowered the pinot noir. Maybe if they bumped up the percentage of the Pinot noir the wine would have tased a little different. However, the wine was still very good. I think this wine would go well on a nice hot summer day to cool you down after working in the summer heat.

 

I had no food when tasting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch