My personal experience with wine thus far in my life!

    Ever since I can remember my family has always liked drinking wine. My grandmother is from Southeastern Europe, and she brought her love of wine with her and shared it to her children and children's children. My family loves every type of wine, and we will have a specific wine on specific occasions. I can remember as a kid that on these specific occasions I was allowed to have a small glass of wine, and this is where my story of loving and tasting wine begins. 

    The first special occasion when I was allowed to have wine was the holidays. Either it was Thanksgiving or Christmas or Serbian Christmas (Eastern Orthodox). They typical kind of wine my family would serve is still wine which is your typical red wine. Now we would have multiple types of wine not just one. When I was younger, I would always think of wine just being red not white. I asked my dad if I could try the white wine this time and he allowed me to have a glass. After taking a sip of white wine I really enjoyed it. I prefer white wine now over red wine. This could be because I like the type of grape that was made with that wine and when the white wine was made. Now that doesn't mean I will not have red wine here or there I just prefer white wine with my meals.  However, there was this red wine I had a while back ago and it was one of the best red wines ever. I cannot remember the name of it, but my great uncle was a big wine collector and had his own wine cellar that had hundreds of unique wines. The total probably being in the $10,000 maybe even more. Now one thanksgiving he brought a $900 bottle of red wine from France that was made in the 1920's and it was the best red wine that I have ever had. So, I will drink red wine, but it probably has to be aged for a long time before I can drink it. 

    Now the other wine that is just my favorite and I could drink this wine every day is sparkling wine. I have always been a fan of carbonated drinks from soda to good old American beer. There is just something about the carbonation that makes every drink taste better. The first time I had sparkling wine was after winning a big sporting event.  When I got home late my dad poured a glass of champagne and we had a toast to what a great season the team had. All I can remember from that night is I had multiple glasses of champagne. Why else I may have liked it wo much is because my dad chilled it all day, so it was extra cooled when I drank it. Since then, I will always drink sparkling wine when it is offered because it is my favorite type of wine. 

        You can see I have been drinking wine for a while now. From your still wine to your sparkling wine. I cannot wait to dive deeper into the wine world with Professor Boyers Wine class. I hope I can learn more about wine and take what I learn and share it with the rest of the world and hopefully I can start liking red wine more and more.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch