Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch

 

Tasting: Smitt Sohne Liebfraumilch

Name: Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch

Variety: Liebfraumilch

Region: Rheinhessen Germany

Country: Germany

Year:2019

Price: $5

Winery Review: Yes, my exclamation when I savored the first sip! I was back in a quaint German village enjoying a glass of wine with the natives. This wine was bold, yet smooth. One of the best fresh and fruity Rhine wines I have had with a price that screams, "Try Me". This Liebfraumilch has become a staple. It is perfect with any meal or on its own (2019 Rachel)

Wine Folly: pg238 in general Liebfraumilch is a cheap, sweet and a typically a white wine. Pg 21 white wines are typically on the lower end of the Ph scale.

My review: This wine German wine is really good. It is on the cheap side, but it does not taste like a cheap wine. It is a little to sweet for me but still a very good wine. On the bottle it says you should chill before serving and I recommend doing that. It tastes better when chilled. Also, the smell is really fruity and that explains the sweetness.

 

I had no food when tasting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee