Week 3 wine 1 tasting

     

  Tasting: Bellafina Pink Moscato 

Name: Bellafina Pink Moscato 

Variety: blended 85% Moscato 15% Raboso 

Region: Veneto, Italy 

Country: Italy 

Year:2020

Price: $9

Winery Review: Very refreshing. Great for a toast or a stand alone. Actually you could serve it with spicy cheese and crackers. Good price for this not sweet moscato that could double as a Prosecco. (Vinvino 2017)

Wine Folly: PG. 25 rose wines color is depended on if the wine was macerated in the grape skin for a while. The longer this occurs the deeper the color will be. Pg 28 looking at the aroma chart this wine would fall between tree fruit and tropical fruit. 

My review: This wine has just the right amount of sweetness for me. If it was a hot summers day this is the kind of wine, I would like to have on a summers evening. The reason for this is because it has the flavors of summer peaches and melons. Those are two fruits that I think of when I think of summer. When smelling the wine, the smell of peaches really come out. The light sparkling to this wine also helps the flavors really come out. I think I should have chilled this wine before drinking it because it could possibly help bring out more flavor.  

I had no food when tasting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch