Week 4 Tasting: Amelia Brut Rose Cremant de Bordeaux


 

Tasting: Amelia Brut Rose Cremant de Bordeaux

Name: Amelia

Variety: a light sparkling rose made from merlot

Region: Bordeaux, France

Country: France

Year: 2020

Price: $20

Winery Review: Amelia displays aromas and flavors of strawberry and red currant, with a medium body and elegant finish. A richness on the plate and fine bubbles result from vinification using the method traditionnelle and aging on the lees. (Vintage Cellar)

Wine Folly: Pg. 221 Brunt is a term for sweetness level in a sparkling wine. It also indicates a dry style. Pg 222 The region of Bordeaux France is known to produce Merlot.

My review: I finally went to the free wine tasting at the vintage cellar and it was worth going too. I was able to try this wine and it was amazing. The strawberry aromas coming from this wine made me think of a nice summers evening. I could also taste a hint of strawberry and it was just the right amount. The strawberry was not too strong. Also, before I tasted it I did not know it was a sparkling wine,so I was in for a surprise because I am a big fan of sparkling wine. I also feel like I would have liked it better if I was there earlier because the bottle was already opened, and a lot of the CO2 was already out of the bottle. However, the wine overall was very very good, and I will possibly buy it.  

 

I had no food when tasting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch