Wine tasting week 5 Julia James Chardonnay


 

Tasting: Julia James Chardonnay

Name: Julia James

Variety: Chardonnay

Region: On the bottle it just says California but can be made in Carneros, Monterey Country and the Russian River Valley

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $15

Winery Review: In the Glass, Julia James Chardonnay show golden highlights, reminiscent of ripe lemons. It boasts aromas of orchard fruit and fresh citrus. There is a bright, juicy, almost racy personality to go with exotic flavors of tropical fruits, vanilla, nectarine, and a kiss of oak. Julia James Chardonnay is perfect for occasions, but pairs especially well with salads, roasted chicken, fresh seafood and creamy sauced pasta dishes. (Vintage Cellar)

Wine Folly:  Pg 291 on the map in the book it shows 3 regions of California that grow chardonnay. The 3 regions are North Coast, Inland valleys, and the Southern Coast. Pg. 291 As the second most planted variety, Chardonnay loves cooler growing areas and performs exceptionally well in Sonoma, Mendocino, and southern napa. This grape is also a popular choice for North Coast sparkling wines, which deliver apple and almond cream flavors.

My review: This was one of my favorite wines of this week's tasting. The aromas of the wine were just remarkable. It had a sour smell almost like a green apple jolly rancher or anything green apple flavor. That made me almost fall in love with the wine because I am a big fan of green apple. Now when tasting the wine, I picked up a citrus and melon flavor. Now I am not the best at knowing what citrus flavor it was, but it was defiantly citrusy. It was a little dry but if paired with the right food the wine would probably taste a whole lot better. The next time I drink this wine I will make sure I pair it with either seafood or chicken.

 

I had no food when tasting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch