Wine tasting week 6 Albert Bichot Chateau de Varennes

Tasting: Albert Bichot Chateau de Varennes

Name: Albert Bichot Chateau de Varennes

Variety: Gamay

Region: Beaujolais Villages, Beaujolais, France

Country: France

Year:2019

Price: $15

Winery Review: Floral and fruity, this is an immediately attractive, ripe wine. Full of red cherry flavors, balanced by soft tannins and a lightly smokey character, it is ready to drink. (90-wine enthusiast)

Wine Folly: Pg 113 Gamay has a fruity floral and sometimes earthly light bodied red that is the main variety planted in Beaujolais. Outside of France, Gamay has a tiny but devoted following. Also, this is paired well with sweet and sour salmon to beef. You should also decant for 30 minutes before drinking.

My review: Honestly, this was one of my favorite red wines I have tasted so far. The aroma from the wine was just spectacular. I could smell a cherry and blackberry which are some of my favorite types of smells. Another reason I liked this wine is because it did not have a strong earthy flavor. It was a light earthy flavor but not to strong to where I did not like it. With the stronger berry and cherry flavor this wine would go well on a nice summer evening.  

 

I had no food when tasting 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch