week 10 Tasting: Belasco de Baquedano Llama Malbec Old Vined


Tasting:  Belasco de Baquedano Llama Malbec Old Vined

Name: Belasco de Baquedano

Variety: Malbec

Region:  Mendoza

Country: Argentina

Year: 2019

Price: $15

Winery Review: This young Malbec shows tannin tension that gives it form. Its medium- bodies with blackberry and brambleberry flavors and hints of hazelnuts. Some tar. Fresh finish. Enjoy a creamy texture. (92-Jmaes Suckling)  

Wine Folly: Pg. 125 Argentina’s most important variety came by way of France, where its commonly called Cot. Wines are loved for their bold fruit flavors and smooth chocolaty finish. Malbecs also go well with leaner red meats and does wonders with melted blue cheese. Pg 198 The majority of Argentina’s vineyards are located at the base of the Andes mountains, in an area with both ample sunshine and snowmelt for irrigation.

My review: This was a unique wine overall for me. It has almost the same aromas as a lot of reds that I have tried. It has a very fruity aromas of Blackberries and plumbs. The taste on the other hand gives it its uniqueness. At first it had a taste of blackberries and medium tannins, but it has a sour after taste. It came as a shock to me, but it was not a bad sour taste it was just unique. This wine also had a very creamy flow to it and tasted like a medium cream. I really enjoyed this wine. This is by far one my favorite red wine from Argentina. I have been a big fan of the Argentinians craftmanship with wine and they are in the top 5 favorite countries for wines. Later I will tell you what my number one is but I still need to explore more options.    

 

I had no food when tasting


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch