week 10 Tasting: Esser Chardonnay


 

Tasting:  Esser Chardonnay

Name:  Esser Chardonnay

Variety: Chardonnay

Region: Monterey California

Country: USA

Year: 2018

Price: $13

Winery Review: Esser Vineyards Chardonnay contains aromatic hints of tropical fruits with accents of citrus and lemon blossom. Flavor notes of lemon curd, pineapple, and vanilla are followed by the pleasantry crisp finish. It is rich and round on the palate and complemented by ample acidity. (Vintage Cellar)

Wine Folly: Pg 96 One of the world's most popular grapes, Chardonnay is made in a wide range of styles from sparkling Blanc de Blancs to rich, creamy white wines ages in oak. It has tastes and hints of pineapple, vanilla, and butter. Pg 294 Chardonnay takes up the largest vineyard area in the central coast of California and most of which is average quality.

My review: I really enjoyed the aromas from the Esser. It smelled like a tropical paradise with hints of lemon and pineapple. It reminded me of when I was in south Florida and Costa Rica. It was very light with its acidity and tastes much better when it is chilled. The flavors that I hinted on where pineapple and some vanilla. This being the first wine where I tasted pineapple was a pleasant experience. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. I would definitely buy this wine if I see it in the stores because I enjoy the taste of pineapple.

 

I had no food when tasting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch