Week 9 Tasting: Bellafina Prosecco


 

Tasting:  Bellafina Prosecco

Name: Bellafina Prosecco

Variety: Prosecco

Region: Veneto, Northeast Italy

Country: Italy

Year: 2020

Price: $9

Winery Review: This sparkling boasts pretty aromas of white spring flowers, peach and whiff of Alpine herbs. On the palate, green apple and yellow pear abound while citrus zest and hint of sage provide back up. (Vintage Cellar)

Wine Folly: Pg 256 Prosecco uses the tank method to produce a fruity sparkling wine meant to be drunk in its youth. Pg 155 Italy’s most sparkling wine is created with glera grapes grown in Veneto and Friuli- Venezia giulia.

My review: Back to my favorite kind of wine and that being sparkling wine. This was a very good wine. I enjoyed every sip of this wine. The aromas were just what I expected and could get strong hints of green apple. I could also taste the green apple and some honey dew. Which are some of my favorite flavors. The prosecco also left a tarty after taste.  I also thought the acidity and the CO2 were just right. I also like drinking any sparkling wine that has been chilled for an hour or two it really helps the flavors come out. I think that this wine would go very well on a nice spring day or a nice summers evening. It just reminds me of something I would drink after a long warm day.

 

I had no food when tasting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Tasting: St. Kilda Brut Cuvee

Week 2 wine 2 tasting Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch